Possibly, if you are reading this you have been thinking about writing your own ebook. This article will be about writing non-fiction. Writing Fiction is a whole different ball game and I plan on making suggestions about fiction at another time. I am generally bias toward the Kindle but when you write a ebook in very well fits in all the other ebook readers out there like Barnes and Noble Nook, Kobo, Sony, etc., Which ever you like or want to use, someone has to write books that will download to them. That someone can be you, so let’s get started!
The very first thing you have to do is have a general idea of what you want to write about.
I’ll give you an exercise that I use to come up with ideas for my kindle books. Write down a answers to the following questions and don’t worry about how hard it would be to write your first book, I will cover that in a later post:
1. What do you like to do? This does not necessarily have to be something you are an expert or have experience with. It may be something that appeals to you or you think would appeal to others.
2. What do you have experience with? This may be something that you are experienced with or without expertize.
3. What areas/subjects do you consider yourself an expert? This may be your most valuable piece of information, as this could make your book writing much easier.
4. Who do you know that is an expert in an area that everyone would be interested in? Write down all the names that you can think of.
5. What is the expertize of those that you have names for in #4? Go to you list of names and add the expertise to the side of each name.
If you have completed 1 through 5 you now have a list of subjects that you should be writing about. At this time you should review your and prioritize by number 1 through whatever. By that I mean, put the idea that you are most to least excited about with #1 being the most. Coming up with a list of good ideas is just that simple. If you have followed my above instructions you should have plenty of ideas for your First Kindle Ebook. I will cover what to do with your idea list in another post.
For now I want to suggest that you watch the short video below by Robert Dempsey giving you his thoughts on how to get that first ebook started. I have also included a few links that I believe will be helpful.
The Hunger Games In writing The Hunger Games Collins drew upon Greek mythology has since been released in paperback and also as an audiobook and ebook.…